Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Building Respect, Trust, and Frienships in my PE classes
I am attempting to build more long-lasting positive relationships in my PE classes. I have introduced my students to several icebreaker games, problem initiative, cooperative and trust building activities. It seems to be working for most of my students. I still have a few students that say that these activities are boring and stupid. This beginning unit in my PE units has allowed more friendship to form early on in my classrooms. It is a great way to create a positive atmosphere, learn students names, and personalities of my classes. I highly recommended to all PE teachers to start the year out with this unit. Project Adventure-adventure curriculum is a great place to start
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I agree this is a great way to start your PE classes. What grade level do you use this approach with? I have used it for my 7th graders every year I have been teaching. They come from four different elementary schools and don't know everyone. It is also helpful since 7th grade is the first year they change for class, participate every other day, and are in a new school.
I work on the same items you do for several weeks and then fill the gym with six team building challenges that they rotate through as they problem solve. I always invite the administrators to observe during these few weeks to show the great results that come from their development.
Do you incorporate any technology into your assessments??
Post a Comment