Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Adventure Education

I like engaging in outdoor adventure activities. Some if not most of my students want to play traditional sports and do not like outdoor activities? This year we started a new course that is focused on project adventure outdoor curriculum for physical education and I have been running into some roadblocks? Students do not have patience for the activities that I introduced and students do not like going outside in the cold and the rain.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Patrick...come check out out next ACAHPERD workshop on October 31st at Fox Chapel. Dave Battist a will be presenting on our Adventure-Based curriculum in the morning. It would be worth your time.

Patrick D said...

Thanks a lot Alex
I would like to come. Can you send me more information about?

Beth said...

Patience on your end is part of the deal in getting students to buy in. We also strongly encourage training to go along with the curriculum. If you send me your email (bwonson@pa.org )...I'll connect you with one of our PE trainers to give you some ideas and tips.
Beth @ Project Adventure www.pa.org