Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Balancing Schedule.

I want some ideas on how you manage your time. I recently have taken on more responsibilities with teaching, coaching, personal training, small group, church, and volleyball league. What suggestions can you give me to maximize my time and efforts?
Thanks

3 comments:

Mr. Campsie's official PE blog said...

Delegate! :-)

Seriously, it is like the old coaching cliche: Take it one day at a time.

I use to-do lists a lot when I have many little, but important, tasks to complete by the end of a day/week. Crossing them off gives a sense of accomplishment.

Use a calendar to your advantage. Some days might be better to coach and others are better for meetings or other newly added tasks.

In this day and age, automating as much as possible is the way to go. Online calendars, reminders, alarms, etc....

Always remember though, ask for help when necessary and say NO to new things when you are fully extended.

SoccerMom said...

I understand what you are saying. I am coaching, church events, 2 kids schedules (both are into soccer right now and band), president of the band boosters, teaching school, going to 2 grad classes and also taking care of all of the chores of a house.

I use my calendar to my advantage. I have my calendar on my refrigerator and on my phone and I synch it up to my husband's phone. This way he can do some of the running of kids. The problem is that he is also a high school soccer ref. One thing that has been a hard thing for me to do is ask for help from others. Sometimes you will need to do that depending on the situation and don't be afraid to say no sometimes. I know that everything that I am doing is something that I want to do, but we can overload ourself where we are not as effective. But the last comment that was made is absolutely correct, take one day at a time or you can stress yourself out. Lastly, make sure that you are getting enough rest or you can wear yourself down. Hope that helps.

Patrick D said...

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I will try to apply them to my current circumstances.