Good question! I used to toil away in the accounting field and wanted to do something more exciting and meaningful with my work.
So, I thought I would have FUN teaching the youth of America about sports, fitness and the like every day for a living. Guess what? I was right.
This works for me. After a year or so of teaching in Baltimore County, I realized that I like, and have a need, to perform. Being in front of a group of youngsters given me that opportunity.
Oh sure, I want to help young people learn about this underrated topic because I have a passion for it. However, I have to like what I am doing first before anything else can happen. It does now!
I started out in pre-dentistry and thought that I was going to be a dentist. I did not like all of the biology classes that I had to take such as zoology because I thought that it had zero relevance to being a dentist. After talking with several people in the PE department I decided it was for me and absolutely loved it. It is my goal to one day teach at the collegiate level and further educate the future PE teachers of America!
2 comments:
Pat,
Good question! I used to toil away in the accounting field and wanted to do something more exciting and meaningful with my work.
So, I thought I would have FUN teaching the youth of America about sports, fitness and the like every day for a living. Guess what? I was right.
This works for me. After a year or so of teaching in Baltimore County, I realized that I like, and have a need, to perform. Being in front of a group of youngsters given me that opportunity.
Oh sure, I want to help young people learn about this underrated topic because I have a passion for it. However, I have to like what I am doing first before anything else can happen. It does now!
I started out in pre-dentistry and thought that I was going to be a dentist. I did not like all of the biology classes that I had to take such as zoology because I thought that it had zero relevance to being a dentist. After talking with several people in the PE department I decided it was for me and absolutely loved it. It is my goal to one day teach at the collegiate level and further educate the future PE teachers of America!
Post a Comment